Services Provided by MAIPO
- Initial visit at hospital to introduce our organization to injured officer and his/her family.
- Assign mentor to give advice about important decisions that must be made soon after the injury (family medical leave, injured duty pay, workers compensation, etc.). The mentor would be an officer or disabled officer who has personally experienced similar injuries and circumstances.
- Provide officer and family a listing of experienced and successful qualified rehabilitation consultants (QRC) and workers compensation attorneys.
- Provide information on how to successfully deal with employing city, county or state.
- Provide information on how to cope with day-to-day living challenges during the recovery period.
- Provide information regarding disability pensions if officer does not return to work.
- Provide information about additional benefits if officer is permanently disabled.
- Provide information on how to cope with psychological problems relating to permanent disability.